Non-filer statement

ohboy1519 27 Rep.

Hello. I’m applying for financial aid at a US university. Since my father doesn’t need to file income taxes, we’re filling out non-filer statements as required by the university. It says on the university website that both the parents along with the student must submit either tax documents or non-filer statements. But the only person that works in my family is my father. My mother and I do not earn wages. My question is: Should I and my mother fill out non-filer statements as well? Thank you.

Krishna Gaire answered
Krishna Gaire 2.39K Rep.

Hello there,

Sorry for the late reply. As far as I know everyone should fill the non-filer statements. If you think that submitting those statements puts you in a difficult position then ask the university first but I don’t see any reason that it will put you in any difficult position.

Hope it helps.

Krishna Gaire answered


    Question stats

    • Active
    • Views876 times
    • Answers1 answer
    • Followers1 follower