From where i can procure important documents required to complete the CSS profile?

Avash Adhikari 6 Rep.

The documents that the CSS profile requires are:

  • 2015 federal income tax return(s)
  • W-2 forms and other records of money earned in 2015 and 2016
  • Records of untaxed income and benefits for 2015 and 2016
  • Current bank statements
  • Current mortgage information
  • Records of savings, stocks, bonds, trusts, and other investments

I would be very glad to exactly know from where can get each of these documents. Can anyone help me out please?

Krishna Gaire edited question
Krishna Gaire 2.39K Rep.

This is a great question. You can find the income tax return HERE. Choose the one that is applicable to you. I am not sure about W2 forms though. I do not think we have anything similar to W2 forms in Nepal. However, I may be wrong. For current bank statements, you can ask the bank to print the statements for you. Mortgage information can be obtained from the company that you took the mortgage from. However, in my experience people rarely take loans from mortgage companies in Nepal to buy a house. For other records such as bonds and investments, ask for a letter from the company that you are investing in.

CSS profile is primarily designed to be filled by US students. So, there may be questions that may not apply to us. Try to fill as much as can. If you cannot find information for certain questions just insert NA/None or whatever is applicable. CSS profile is used to get a rough idea about how much you can pay so you can be flexible.

Best of luck.

Krishna Gaire edited answer


    Question stats

    • Active
    • Views1047 times
    • Answers1 answer
    • Followers1 follower