I tend to apply for Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2017 in US Universities. But, I am a bit confused about the deadlines.
I have my SAT due on Dec 3 ,2016 and the EA deadline is November,2017 for most of the colleges. However, I am confirming universities which accept SAT scores within January 2017. While looking at application deadlines in collegeboard.com, I find “early action” deadline and “fall app deadline for international students” in different sections. I am confused about these.
1)Is there a different deadline for International students even for early action or decision?
2) What is the “Fall app for int’l students deadline” exactly? Is the “Fall application” similar to Rolling Decision or Admissions where I have to take a gap year? or is it similar to ED or EA where no gap year is required?
3) Just in case I cant march up with the ED or EA , can I apply for the Fall Application?
4) If yes, how do I apply? Can I apply right now when I am still awaiting board exams?
The deadline for EA is still December 1. International Fall Application is same as Regular Application whose deadline is Feb. It is better if you can send an email to [email protected] and ask them explicitly but I am pretty sure that the deadline for EA must be around December and not Feb. To get the latest updated information, visiting the website directly rather than collegeboard (http://www.bryant.edu/admissions/freshmen.htm) because on the website the deadline for EA is November 15,2016.
For example, here check in the Deadline section, There is a different International Fall Application deadline for feb 2 wheras EA deadline is december.
When is the exact deadline for us for EA?
I will tell you what I know but it is better if you can provide us with link from where you found that “International Fall Application” or maybe give us some context.
You submit the “Fall Application” to start the college in the fall semester (usually in August) and you submit spring application to start your college in the spring semester (usually in January). Most of us apply for the fall semester because usually university does not have funds for international students entering in the spring semester.
So, the EA1, EA2, ED1, ED2 RD that we apply beginning from November are all applications for fall semester because if you are accepted and you decide to attend, you will join the college in August. Hence the term “Fall Application.” However, some colleges have different application procedures and deadlines for domestic and international students. So, they need to catagorize it as “International Fall application”. So, it is basically the same “Fall application” but it is different from the ones that domestic students submit.
I have never heard of anything called ‘International Fall application’. Most of the universities have ED, EA, RD and Rolling. Can you please tell me where did you see this or send me a link?
It’s not so clear.
So,basically Regular decision application and “International Fall application” are the same thing?
EA, ED and RD applications are all for Fall session. You can find the differences between them here: http://collegesodhpuch.com/resources/rd-and-ed/ .
If you still have confusions do not hesitate to ask follow up questions.
- I am not aware about any universities having different deadline for international students. But there may be some. Do check the concerned university’s website or send them an email. Or let us know the university name and we will try to find out. Also, some university may not allow ED or EA for international students.
- Please refer to this page: http://collegesodhpuch.com/resources/rd-and-ed/
- Yes, you can. You can apply in all sessions.
- You apply via common app. Yes, you can apply before your board exams are out. Instead of your board exams you can submit a predicted scores sheet provided by your school.